Photography Courses & Workshops
Stage 3: Landscape Photography
Saturday 11th February 17 - Saturday 25th February 17
This practical, hands-on course is aimed at people wishing to further develop their knowledge and practice of Landscape Photography.
Day one will be based in the Belfast Exposed studio were we will fully prepare you with the knowledge to move into the field of landscape photography with confidence. We will look at both historical and contemporary work.
Day two is on location. Tuition on all aspects of manual photography will be given. The location will be decided on day one* and the choice between a morning sunrise shoot or an evening sunset shoot will also be decided on day one.
Day three is in the studio. The photographs taken on day two will be reviews, and you will learn how to prepare your photographs for print/publishing, and the do’s and don’ts for entering competitions.
*Transport to location is not provided
What You Will Need
- Digital SLR (or film) camera and lens/lenses.
- Shutter release remote control (the camera's timer can be used an alternative).
- Blank digital memory cards or film stock if shooting in film (2-4 rolls).
- ND (neutral-density) filter.
- Sturdy tripod.
- Water/Windproof clothing.
- Participants must have completed a 'Stage 2: Review' session with our Belfast Exposed tutor team. This session is the final part of the 'Stage 2: Develop & Review Your Photography Practice' course, but it can also be booked separately. Contact for more information.
What You Will Learn
- Experience and knowledge on landscape photography.
- The materials, equipment and setup needed for high quality landscape photography.
- The ability to layer, compose and juxtapose an eye-catching landscape.
- Develop a substantial portfolio of professional standard work with the help and guidance of the Belfast Exposed tutors.
For more information contact Conor at