Photography Courses & Workshops
Focus On: Wet Plate Collodion Beginner
Saturday 25th March 17
Wet Plate Collodion is a 19th century photography process of creating images on glass or metal plates. This one day, intensive workshop will let you relive the excitement experienced by the pioneers of photography. Each participant will shoot and process their own, unique ambrotypes, from start to finish.
What You Will Need
- Mid level knowledge of photography is recommended.
- Equipment and materials are provided.
What Will You Learn
- Overview of the process and its history, the chemicals and equipment needed, the darkroom set up and organization, and safe handling, care and maintenance of chemicals.
- Demonstration of the process. (Camera set up, pouring a glass plate, sensitisation, exposure, development, fixing and washing).
- Individual guidance with the process; trouble shooting. You will work with 4x5’’ large format cameras with use of natural and artificial light. Each student will make several plates, which they take home.
- Demonstration of the varnishing technique.
For more information contact Conor at