Home > About BX - Policy
- Exhibitions Policy
- Belfast Exposed is interested in new work by artists using photography and considers proposals from artists nationally and internationally. Our exhibitions programme is usually planned up to 12 months in advance and new proposals are considered twice a year (in February and July annually).
If you would like your work considered for exhibition, please send proposals by email as follows:
- Up to 12 images (jpeg format, no bigger than 500K)
- A written proposal or statement about the submitted work with any technical specifications (up to 500words)
Emails should be marked 'Exhibition Proposal' and sent to email@example.com
Due to the amount of submissions we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback.
We do not accept proposal by mail.
- Freelance Employment Policy
Belfast Exposed remains Northern Irelandís only dedicated gallery of contemporary photography and community photography resource.
Founded in 1983 as a means to empower local communities by example and training to reflect on their past, record their present and to highlight and share concerns and achievements through the medium of photography, the organization has subsequently developed substantial gallery and archive programmes, which are informed by and extend its original mission.
- Volunteer Policy
- Belfast Exposed recognises that volunteering makes a contribution to society. On a societal level it can enhance active citizenship and social cohesion, as by its very nature volunteering is about bringing people together. On an individual level people see volunteering as a way of developing social contacts and putting something back
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Belfast Exposed Photography is committed to developing and implementing a Policy of Equal Opportunities.
- Sexual and Racial Harassment Policy
- Belfast Exposed will not tolerate any incidences of sexual or racial harassment from whatsoever source and will not condone any breaches of this Code of Practice:
- Disability Equality and Awareness Policy
- Belfast Exposed Photography, believes that all persons are equal irrespective of age, disability, employment status, ethnic origin, gender, linguistic preference, marital status, nationality, political affiliation, race, religious conviction, sexual identity or socio-economic group.
This policy statement relates solely to physically disabled persons, those with learning, mental health or severe physical, disability, being covered by Appendix 4, Protection of Children and Vulnerable People Policy.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Belfast Exposed Photography, as an employer, is committed to providing and maintaining a healthy and safe working environment for all its employees, freelance staff, course and workshop participants, user groups, audiences and any other people who may be involved in its activities. The ultimate responsibility for health and safety at Belfast Exposed Photography rests with its Board of Directors.
This statement applies to all premises and activities within the control of Belfast Exposed Photography.
- Policy for the Protection of Children and Vulnerable People
- Everyone involved with Belfast Exposed, in whatever capacity, has a role to play in safeguarding the welfare of children and preventing abuse.
- Training Bookings & Cancellation Policy
- Photographic training cancellation and bookings policy